Quick question: do you remember this commercial?
How is it that a camel can be used to help you remember that you could save 15% or more by switching your insurance company?
Because it’s memorable.
I don’t think that it would have been as effective if this was an image ad or just a written copy…
Behold the power of video!
Since the dawn of the first television, video marketing has been influencing us to buy everything from the brand new F-150 to Peter Pan Peanut Butter to even..well…insurance.
Fast forward to 2020 and video marketing still packs a strong punch!
The catch is that technology has helped level the playing field and companies like yours can use online videos to help your business grow.
It worked for other businesses but will it work for yours?
The short answer to the question is YES!
And here are 7 reasons why video will work for you.
Reason #1: Video Supercharges Your Conversions & Sales
Did you know that adding a product video on your landing page can increase conversions? According to Unbounce, including a product video can increase conversions up to 80%!
Videos can lead to sales too!
According to Wyzowl, 84% of people say they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
Particularly, 74% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy or download a piece of software or app by watching a video.
Why the high percentages for video?
Reason #2: Videos Communicate Information More Easily
What is an excellent way to communicate with your potential customers to find out more about a product or service?
Unlike writing, the power of video can:
- Quickly get details in an easy-to-process presentation.
- Grab attention.
- Explain what your business is about & why you care in a few seconds.
While writing does have its benefits, people would rather watch it than read it.
According to Wyzowl when asked how they’d most like to learn about a product or service,
- 66% of people said they’d prefer to watch a short video.
- 18% who’d rather read a text-based article, website or post.
- 4% who’d like to view an infographic.
- 3% who’d rather download an ebook or manual.
- 3% who’d rather attend a webinar or pitch.
- 2% who’d like a sales call or demo.
The next question is what type of buyers does video work on?
Reason #3: Video Engages Every Type of Buyer
Here are some more quick stats from Wyzowl that you may find interesting:
- 86% of people would like to see more videos from brands in 2020.
- And out of those people:
- 36% say they’d most like to see more educational/explainer video style content
- 14% want to see more product demos.
- When you are having problems with an app or product, 68% of users would prefer to watch a video that explains how to solve the problem vs. calling the business and speaking to a support team member.
So why do video engages with buyers?
Video is easy to consume & people like watching the products in action.
The statistics are insightful for showing the viewing habits of people but how will it help out your company’s brand awareness?
Reason #4: Videos Can Increase Your Brand Awareness
With all the distractions that bombard our senses, it’s easy for prospects to ignore your company (even if you offer the superior product.)
This hasn’t been lost on video marketers either.
According to Wyzowl, 92% of video marketers feel the level of noise and competition have increased in 2019.
Knowing this, what could your video provide to viewers?
With video, you can:
- Convey the core values of your company
- Offer both entertaining & educational to increase exposure to potential customers & help them remember your name.
When you start your video marketing campaign, use video to stand out your business among your competitors and not get lost in the clutter of noise.
Not only will video help increase your brand awareness…
Reason #5: Videos Help Establish Trust & Credibility For Your Company
How powerful are videos?
According to Hubspot, 90% of customers say that videos help them make buying decisions.
The statistics can be proven with huge amounts of review videos on YouTube with hundreds of thousands of views.
Companies should take notice of this and the style of the video.
While it may seem logical to create a polished corporate video, keep in mind that videos are usually watched one-on-one with your potential buyers.
So when you are making your videos, make sure that you address your viewers in that manner.
Your videos should be more conversational and less corporate because people would rather buy from someone they like rather than what they may perceive as a stuffy business.
Even so, it seems like Video Marketing will be hard work. Would it be worth the investment?
Reason #6: Video Provides Great ROI
Businesses have a great experience with video.
According to Wyzowl, 89% of video marketers say video, in general, gives them a good return on their investment.
And they don’t have to be super-professional either. According to ThriveHive, viewers prefer simple clips that do a solid job of explaining a product or service rather than a polished, high-budget production that doesn’t tell them much.
Just remember that all videos aren’t created equal.
Although it’s been shown that less polished videos are very effective, take into consideration other factors that would make your video ineffective. Keep in mind the statistics provided by DreamGrow referring to the top 5 reasons people are put off after viewing videos (especially explainer videos) before you start creating your videos:
- 37% felt the video did not explain the product or service clearly enough
- 25% found the low quality of the video discouraging
- 21% felt they can be too long
- 12% felt videos were poorly designed
- 5% felt it had bad animation.
Don’t fall into either of these categories.
Make sure your video counts because another benefit is…
Reason #7: Video Helps People Find You Easier Online
People are drawn to video more than other formats and would usually watch to see how it ends.
Not only does this help build brand awareness for your prospective buyer but it also help you be seen more.
Let’s say that you include a video onto your webpage:
- Google uses time on site to help determine whether you are providing what visitors are looking for when they search for a particular term or phrase.
- Because of this, Google interprets your site provides valuable information the longer people stay on your site watching your video.
- And this will help your company’s search result rankings, therefore, making it easier to find your company online.
With the combination of brand awareness & search engine optimization video marketing provides, it’s a winning strategy for your business
Video Marketing will work for your business.
I wish I can say that this is the next best thing and other companies (including your competitors) are not using video in their marketing strategy…but I would be lying.
Video Marketing is here right now.
Businesses must adapt and add it to their marketing arsenal or prepare to be ignored.
You don’t need a huge budget or a talking camel for your online video marketing campaign…but you need to get started.